Your Miles Will Change Lives
565 Miles in 28 Days
A team of up to ten individuals will pledge to walk, run, row and/or ride bicycles a combined total of 565 miles in the month of February (usually 28 days). Teams may be formed from anywhere in the world and your miles can be logged from the comfort of your own home. As a collective, all participants will raise funds for GallantFew and increase awareness for veteran issues surrounding the transition from active military service to civilian life.
- Raise money and awareness
- Participate in a kick-off event if you are available (date and times TBD)
- Track your miles in the month of February
- Keep an eye on promos
- Keep engaged with like-minded people from around the globe joining you in the event
- Celebrate making a difference for our service members in transition
Progress is being made due to dedicated and joint efforts. We need to continue our momentum in helping veterans who continue to battle unemployment, underemployment, homelessness and suicide. The most recent Department of Labor Statistics from March 2016 show Global War on Terror veteran unemployment is down 1.4 percent. The VA also reports a decline in veteran suicide to twenty per day from previously reported twenty two veterans a day take their own lives. The work of GallantFew does make a difference and your miles will change lives!