How are your dollars used?
In 2019 our team:
Provided over 1800 services to Veterans (as of the end of October).
Conducted 3 climbing therapy weekend retreats to Red Rock Canyon, Joshua Tree, and Pilot Mountain.
Hosted multiple climbing linkups in Dallas TX, Columbus GA, and Raleigh NC.
Hosted the Annual VetXpo Conference in October, with Simon Sinek as the Keynote Speaker.
Some examples of how your donations help:
$25: One Day Pass to a Veteran Climbing Linkup
$50: One-on-one GallantFew Azimuth Check transition review
$75: A veteran’s mobile phone bill for a month
$100: Rock climbing equipment grant for a veteran
$250: Initial Functional Emotional Fitness coaching session for one veteran
$500: Marriage retreat for a veteran and spouse
$1000: Transition seminar for an active-duty unit
$2500: Functional Emotional Fitness
We don’t disclose details that identify those veterans we help. It’s hard enough to ask for help and can be embarrassing to the veteran and his or her family.
Here are some examples of work this year:
- Provided direct, one-on-one mentoring to help Veterans achieve a smoother transition.
- Connected with veterans in danger of harming themselves, helped them accept that they needed help, and helped them get into appropriate care – several times meaning in-patient treatment.
- Coordinated and hosted VetXpo.
- GallantFew conducted 3 climbing retreats(Two West Coast, One East Coast).
- Continue a partnership with Metroport Rotary, Summit Indoor Climbing and GallantFew to help veterans increase physical fitness, confidence and trust. Over 125 Veterans have participated since the program began(2015).
- Added three program organizations serving women veterans (WAM Project), American Indian veterans (Medicine Wheel Society), and VetRec.
You can find all of the GallantFews annual reports here.